BOC - Styles, Covers & 7 Screaming Diz

Ted Jackson jr. EL84 tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Wed Mar 12 13:04:49 EST 1997

> From:          "BREVARD Adrian R." <ABrevard at SHL.COM>
 >

> >lil ab>.    I'm on record (or am now) of not liking 7 Screaming Dizbusters,
> >>nothing wrong with the music its just the "flirtation" thing that Eric
> >>does.
> >
> Andy>"Not sure I understand you, Adrian - can you be more specific?"
>
> Sure but it may not make sense.  When I was younger I veiwed this song
> and the lyrics as glorifying Satan.  I never considered that the whole
> thing may be tongue in cheek.  Anyhow, back then,  I wrote this song off
> becuase of the lyrics and Eric's mono.  I would certainly crank it when
> the lyrics were not clear but I would always move the needle past the
> mono.   Musically I like to think I have matured and consider all
> aspects of a song, it may be all tongue in cheek, but in that time frame
> it offended me. Its like liver, didn't like it as a kid and still don't
> like it now.

I figured a lot of folks would take the intro as being homoerotic,
which it is, but I think it's a send up.  As far as satanism goes, I
think that's a joke too, maybe spoofing the people who saw the band's
dark image as meaning they were devil worshipers or something?  Al?

> New Threshold has been pushed back to the end of the month.  8>(.
>
> Anybody hear a rumor that Damn Yankees is reforming with Sammy Haggar on
> vocals?
>
> lil ab

I've heard the same rumor.  Whoopee!
theo