BOC: SEE a waste?

Torgo torgo at NORWICH.NET
Wed Mar 12 15:53:49 EST 1997

Hey folks....

Ab said:
>Could not agree more, SEE in retrospect was a waste.  DFtR is great and
>I love Astronomy, but other than these two tracks there was nothing else
>on SEE I liked.

OK, so SEE is not my choice either for album of the year, and certainly the
highlight *IS* the live version of Astronomy, but when it comes to that
album, it seems most people tend to overlook my favorite track on it: R U
READY 2 ROCK!! Although Spectres remains one of my all time fave albums
(for many reasons), my least fave song on it has always been R U READY 2
ROCK. Its a well written track that just seems to come across sort of bland
to me. Now the LIVE SEE version, to me, just smokes like nothing else on
the album. I love the way this version just kicks, and doesn't let up.

So it goes without saying that, for me, Side A of SEE works well. Side 2
would have been OK as is, provided there was a side 3 and a side 4 to come
after it. Some other live versions from the 2 previous albums (can you say
Nosferatu?) would have been killer.

I'm outta here...

Torgo has left the Building...........
torgo at norwich.net