BOC: Tuesday's chat

Thu Mar 13 09:35:50 EST 1997

BOC Chat Tidbits:

Here's a few interesting things from last Tuesday's BOC chat...

Of course one must realize that in these chat environments, Q's
and A's are flying around pretty rapidly, with all sorts of
banter in-between.  One's mileage may vary.

Albert (in response to where the Brain Surgeons might be
playing):  We're working on Philly/Harrisburg, Albany/Buffalo/
Rochester and South & West Coast

Buck (in response to what's up with the new album): BOC
record is stalled, trouble w/German company.. release probably
set back six months...

Buck (regarding who's playing with him at his benefit gig
in Atlanta): Venue is a perfoming arts theater, gonna be a trio
with me, Danny Miranda and John Miceli ... I've got some covers
I'm fond of, and maybe some old Dharma stuff... Gamera-- a
definate maybe... I'm gonna Have to play some Flat Out...
Probably gonna be light on the harmonies in Atlanta, so that'll
influence tune selection

Buck also mentioned " We do a real credible version of
'I love the Night' these days" - I assume he meant BOC by
"we" -- might this get woven into future sets????

Buck (in response to what song he liked recording the most):
The most-- I don't know, I like recording except for the
Club Ninja record

Buck (in response to "are you chatting with any 'stars'
these days"): I'm talking to Ronnie Montrose about a potential
project

Eric (on how long BOC's sets will be on the SummerDaze
tour): not too long I wouldn't think, with a 4 act tour

Eric (on if any new tunes will be worked into the setlist):
not currently...setlist will be similar in the short run

Here's my banter with Buck later on about the new album:

me - Buck - can you report any further on the album?  I'd
love to be able to silence some cynics.

buck - John, the cynics are right

me - <- getting heartburn...Care to elaborate further, Buck?

buck - no, shoulda put a smiley face after

Well, that's about it for new info from the chat - the rest
of it was just that - a chat.  Note that I did not summarize
any of Buck's statements about the new album -- all that he said
about it is what you see above.

John