BOC: SEE a waste?

bart bart at AEOLIANS.BT.CO.UK
Thu Mar 13 10:43:56 EST 1997

> At 09:31 1997-03-13 -0500, you wrote:
> >Omission - Astronomy.  I think there were other omissions (Stairway to
> >the Stars, maybe Flaming Telepaths), but of course these sins of omission
> >weren't corrected by SEE
> >
> >Comission - lousy sound system.  Listen to the feedback during Buck's
> >solo in 7 Screaming Dizbusters.  While it may sound kinda cool, I don't
> >think it was intentional.  Of course, in retrospect, the "rawness" of
> >OYFOOYK makes it very appealing to a lot of people - it definitely doesn't
> >have that "studio album with crowd noises added" sound to it.
>
> you mean the Black Sabbath _Live Evil_ phenomena?

Or maybe a more serious outbreak, as found on Judas Priest _Unleashed in
the Studio^D^D^D East, Live in Japan_.  Crowd noise injected in handy
snippets before & after each song, and absent during.

(Regardless of the above, I find Unleashed.. hugely enjoyable to listen to,
not least for some storming renditions of classic JP, Joan Baez & Fleetwood
Mac played like they should be ;-)

Tim