HW: News from Dave

John Majka flossbac at WCIC.ORG
Thu Mar 13 11:42:49 EST 1997

>Alan Davey Has Left Hawkwind to form his own band.
>Ron Tree is now the Hawkwind bass player
>Jerry Richards is now the lead guitarist+keyboard player.
>Hawkwind are now busy recording anew album.
>New Dave Brock solo album out on the 1st of June.
>Astounding Sounds live album out 1st of May, including many unreleased
>tracks.
>We are getting a web page together, which should appear soon. It will be
>called Hawkwind Mission Control.

Well this kind of change in the lineup always leaves me shaky, wondering if
the new HW will be cool or not.  They haven't let me down yet so I guess I
shouldn't worry, but still....  Losing Danny Thompson (worst ever Hawkwind
drummer) was certainly a good thing, and Richard is one of the most amazing
drummers I've heard, absolutely perfect for Hawkwind with his tribal
tendencies etc.  Somehow it just doesn't seem right to have anyone but Huw
playing lead.... And as for Ron playing bass, well we can always hope that
he's good.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

As for the news of upcoming releases.... Good God, does Dave ever stop
putting forth new material?  Let's see... we'll have the new solo album, the
live album, the live 1974 album and a new studio album, not to mention the
zillions of comps and reissues that are constantly coming out.  This kind of
hyperactivity makes me glad I'm not on the BOC side of the fence...

John Majka
flossbac at wcic.org