HW: Steve Swann, I blame you!

Marshall Wood mwood at SLICE.AGILE.COM
Fri Mar 14 15:24:41 EST 1997

An open letter to Steve Swann:

Dear Steve,

A few weeks ago, I was happy.  I had 5 Hawkwind CDs, and a
few others on tape, and I was happy.  Then I was casually
reading the space-music digest, when I stumbled upon a post
from Ken Alexander, who was offering up some hard-to-find
Tangerine Dream items.  He also had a bunch of Hawkwind
CDs for sale.  I bit, and bought one (_The Business Trip_).
After hearing that, I bit again (_Love in Space_, _The
Friday Rock Show Sessions_, _Out & Intake_).  Then I bit
again (_Palace Springs_, _Do Not Panic_), though by this
time I should more appropriately say that I was bitten.

I then snatched up _Best of Friends & Relations_ in a trade.

Yesterday I took the big plunge and joined this list.  And
after reading the rumor that Griffin is no longer going to
be putting out HW CDs, I zipped out to a local store last
night and picked up 4 more:  _Choose Your Masques_, _Astound-
ing Sounds_, _Sonic Attack_, and _Quark: Strangeness and
Charm_ - that last one was an upgrade from a dubbed copy,
so I knew that I was hooked.  Hard.

I don't know who the heck you are, but this is all your
fault, Steve.  I had told myself that I wouldn't buy any
more Hawkdisks, because I knew that it was a money pit.
(I said the same thing about Tangerine Dream about 4 years
ago.  Now, ~50 TD CDs later...)  I'm probably headed for
the poor house.

But wherever I end up, I know I'll be listening to some
kick-ass music.

"Blame is transitive." - Ken Alexander

MWood

P.S. to all:

Since I was able to get all those Griffin CDs yesterday, I
know that Griffin will recover from whatever ails it, and
will soon reissue all those titles with many bonus tracks.
You can all thank me personally when that happens.