Retitle - Bootlegs and Tour News

Bryan Young blyoung at HOTMAIL.COM
Sun Mar 16 23:10:52 EST 1997

>Date:         Sun, 16 Mar 1997 12:27:41 GMT
>From: Carl Edlund Anderson <cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK>
>Subject:      Re: Retitle - Bootlegs and Tour News
>To: Multiple recipients of list BOC-L <BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU>

>> Anyways, the only time that I have ever made copies of material that I
>> own for distribution was to help spread the word about the band.
>> I like to think that I helped the band instead of hurting it.
>> Whaddaya think?

>    I have to agree.
>    I have often made sampler tapes of studio material for people in order
>to introduce them to new music.
> Yes, I've made Hawkwind sampler tapes for people--and not a few
>(including perhaps person(s) on this list ;) have subsequentlly become
>hooked and gone out to buy their own Hawkwind CDs, thus generating revenue
>for the band that they other wise wouldn't have had.

I am new to this discussion but I have been a Hawkwind fan for the
better part of 12 years now.  I would NOT be listening to Hawkwind
were it not for the sampler tapes made for my by a great guy named
Jeff Swick in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.  They really got me hooked,
and the next 5 or 6 years I spent collecting Hawkwind CD's.  I still
have to get the Text of Festival, and Out and Intake, but other than
that, I have replaced all the sampler he made for me with CD's.  (And
sometimes I have also bought cassettes and vinyl, too.)

Anyways, that's my 2 cents worth, and my first posting to the group.
Thanks!

Bryan Young

              <blyoung at hotmail.com>
or           <youngfarms at bigfoot.com>