HW: More gossip

Grumpy Old Git M.S.Wright at READING.AC.UK
Mon Mar 17 06:38:30 EST 1997

On Sun, 16 Mar 1997, Sonique wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> These excerpts just in from Douglas in the Jungle .....
>
> > EBS will continue to be Dave, Richard and Alan along with ourselves and
> > both Alan and Richard have been constantly working on their solo projects
> > and establishing themselves.  Hawkwind will inevitably slow down live wise
> > and these two are still only in their 30s and 40s.

Hawkwind slow down? Last year I was looking forward to an Autumn tour,
like they had in the olden days (about 10/12 years ago) where I could get
to see the band 3 or 4 times with little effort, and see friends scattered
around the country, and they didn't do one. Last year how many UK gigs did
HW do? Was it just the 4 or 5 dates in the tour and the Langtree Festival.
I would hate (speaking purely as a UK resident) for them to slow down any
more than this, it takes me back to one year where they only did 2 UK gigs
(ISTR, Acid Daze 1 and 2). It is no wonder Alan left, he needs to gig more
than this to make enough money to live on, he hasn't got all those
royalties to live off.

Mike w

OBCD 50 Years of Sunshine, with Harvey's The voyage in the wake of passing
clouds and HW's space dust (or should that be Lovely Space Dust?)