OFF: boots!

Andrew Gilham Andy_Gilham at MSN.COM
Mon Mar 17 16:08:19 EST 1997

>     Perhaps record companies could charge prices which were low enough
>that small time (in comparison to record companies) boot-makers couldn't
>compete? :)

You mean the record companies shouldn't pay the artists, studios, etc, either,
in an attempt to keep prices down? :)

It's a quite common thing, though, for artists to release live albums
specifically as "bootleg-killers" - one of the best known of these is Bowie's
_David Live_, which was rush-released after the tour in question (Diamond
Dogs, if memory serves) was extensively bootlegged.

Nearer to home, I wonder if that was part of the motivation behind both _Cult
Classic_ and _Love in Space_?

- Andy

ObComet: You get a really good view of Hale-Bopp from the cockpit of a 737 at
35,000 feet :)

Andy Gilham/Andy_Gilham at msn.com/Andy_Gilham at compuserve.com
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Andy_Gilham