OFF: boots!

Tue Mar 18 05:34:00 EST 1997

On tis 18 mar 1997 09.19 "Jon Browne" <jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK> wrote:
> In message <E0w6h7B-0002Ft-00 at ursa.cus.cam.ac.uk>, Carl Edlund Anderson
> <cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK> writes
> >     That's what the Beatles get for releasing archival material with
> >_worse_ sound than it had already had on bootleg releases! ;)  And for
> >selling their blimmin' albums for outrageous prices ...
>
> Well quite. I, like the rest of us, have a voracious appetite for CD's
> and buy around 30 a month. Coincidentally enough, among the ones I want
> but won't pay *that* for them are The Beatles White Album at 32UKP,
> Piper at The Gates Of Dawn at 17UKP and Kraftwerk's Autobahn at
> 16.99UKP.- Breadheads!

    Fancy that.  I did just recently get the _Piper_ remaster from a market
stall about 10 quid. :)  And strangely enough, it was because they guys in
the stall had gone and got a massive load of them in the US and brought
them back to England to sell (probably dodging loads of customs duty, but
what the hell ;)  They had a lot of them, and so knocked a quid off the
price for me (probably, as Jazza remarked at the time, because I was
scaring away other customers by lurking in front of their stall.

    32 quid for the white album is obscene.  Beatles aren't el cheapo in
the States (though you can often find them used) but they're not *that*
expensive.

Cheers,
Carl