OFF: boots!

Jon Browne jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK
Tue Mar 18 06:49:56 EST 1997

In message <UPMAIL01.199703181023320266 at msn.com>, Andrew Gilham
<Andy_Gilham at MSN.COM> writes
>>Well quite. I, like the rest of us, have a voracious appetite for CD's
>>and buy around 30 a month.
>
>There's obviously more money in this comics lark than I thought! :)

I do a fair bit of trading back issues (i.e. dead stock) for unwanted
CD's. Plus since the kids were born I hardly ever go out, which saves a
fortune especially at today's prices. i.e. 2 pints of beer = 1 CD
CD's are pretty much the main event for me these days. At the same time,
we not doing too bad at the moment, mainly because we're picking up
customers from other shops as they fall by the wayside. Times are tough
in the industry generally, but you'll do OK *if* you're committed
whether the money's in or not.

>>Coincidentally enough, among the ones I want
>>but won't pay *that* for them are [...] Kraftwerk's Autobahn at
>>16.99UKP.- Breadheads!
>
>Which I think was the first LP I ever bought!  Credible or what? :)
Mine was Lou Reed's Transformer, which I thought at around 8 or 9 was
just great, didn't make a lot of sense to me, but sounded good, in that
nursery rhyme way that Sgt. Pepper works for kid's ears.

>(Well actually, my memory is just the tiniest bit vague, and I've this
>horrible feeling it just might have been _Tubular Bells_.  Oh well!)

I was also quite up for early Bee Gees at this point in my development.
Didn't last long, Beach Boys displaced them pretty quickly.
I was 9, it was '74. Hawkwind were still four years away. <grin>

My five year old son is mainly into Madness, Specials and Ska in general
BTW. He does *not* like HW :((((

--
Jon Browne
obCD -HW Alien 4 - which is sounding better every listen!