HW: Cleopatra T-shirt?

Keith Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Tue Mar 18 14:50:11 EST 1997

Chuck wonders...

>Been looking for a Hawktee (almost any will do). Cleo lists one in their
>catalogue in a '96 release, no details, just that it's a HW t-shirt (and
>there's a long-sleeve). Anyone have any idea what it's like?

Yeah...I saw the same thing the other day when I was looking at the insert
to the new Spiral Realms live disc.  I was thinking about ordering one, but
I fear that I might actually already have one.  That's because before
Cleopatra/Hypnotic was formed, Brian Pererra ran a mail-order business
featuring various HW discs and other cool things, as well as some nice HW
t-shirts (bootlegged I'm sure :( although I didn't know at the time).  I
have two or three of these, one of which was a Space Ritual tie-dye, and the
other is the Doremi shield with six photos on the back...Brock, Nik, Lemmey
(sic), DikMik, Simon King, and Del, if my memory serves me correctly.  My
guess is that this might be the one...perhaps not.  If it is, it's likely
that it's unlicenc(s)ed, and another example of Cleopatra's resistance to
paying royalties.  If it *is* licenc(s)ed, then I apologis(z)e for
insinuating their unfair business practices.

Perhaps they've changed the photos to just Nik, Del, Simon House, Alan
Powell, and Mike Moorcock....that'd be apropos, given their 'revisionist'
Hawkwind history.  :)

Keith H. (FAA)

P.S.  I'll be gone for the next week, so if you think I'm slagging Cleopatra
too hard (now that they're the only space rock-oriented label left in NA
apparently), I won't hear your outcries of 'slanderer'!  :)

P.P.S.  On the subject of cool NA labels that might consider HW, what about
C&S records, that currently releases US PTree stuff??  I know I've seen one
or two other things on their label, and I think they were
electronic/techno-oriented stuff? Would they be interested, d'ya think?

P.P.P.S.  Anybody hear the new Sky Cries Mary (Moonbathing...) yet??