Retitle - Bootlegs and Tour News

Dave Berry daveb at HARLEQUIN.CO.UK
Wed Mar 19 05:08:00 EST 1997

On 18 Mar 20:22, Ted Jackson jr. EL84 wrote:
> Most bands want to play stuff the fans aleady know and
> are comfortable with:  3OC syndrome?

I suspect that I would have enjoyed the Alien tour more if I had already
heard the album.  I like to recognise a reasonable proportion of songs.
Which doesn't mean that I want to hear the same songs every time, or
that I don't want to hear recent material.  I like to be kept guessing as
to what the band will play next, and then to recognise two out of three.
(It also depends on the quality of the mix; if someone is singing on
stage, and I can't make out the words, then old material will win over
new almost every time).

Dave.
--
Harlequin Ltd., Technology Transfer Centre, King's Buildings,
Mayfield Road, Edinburgh, EH9 3JL, UK.