OFF: Headquarters et al.

J Strobridge eset08 at TATTOO.ED.AC.UK
Wed Mar 19 07:16:23 EST 1997

Jon Browne writes:

> In message <E0w6wR8-0002Wu-00 at ursa.cus.cam.ac.uk>, Carl Edlund Anderson
> <cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK> writes
> >    Well, the first record I bought was the Monkees _Headquarters_, which
> >IMO is still pretty cool :)
> >

> The Monkees *are* cool. NO Smiley! Headquarters is the best album, with

yes!   There is someone else in the world who appreciates this album -
that's a relief!    Altho' IMO the second side is considerably better
musically and lyrically than the first.   Have the lyrics for this album
ever been published anywhere?   There are some deeply strange verses
that I just cannot identify the words of and I would really like to find
these!

jill

PS: I heard that Iron Butterfly were doing gigs somewhere - in case
anyone is curious about this.    The past is indeed coming back to haunt
us - maybe it's something to do with the Millenium Bomb and the zeroing
of all the computer time clocks

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at tattoo.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk