Retitle - Bootlegs and Tour News

Wed Mar 19 13:39:05 EST 1997

>Somebody asked Al about this a while back, and he said that he
doesn't have a problem with people taping tBS shows, as long as they
don't make copies for comercial sale.  His only gripe was with folks
taping stuff that could be bought commercially.  Say Al, if you're
here, was bootlegging a problem when you were with BOC?  Do you
figure it hurt the band or helped expose people to the music.  What's
your take on this thread?

My guess is that bootlegs did little to BOC record sales, there are
so few BOC bootlegs.  I kind of wished *The Thing!* was a legit
release - I think it's a better live album than *ETL*, with the exception
of "Roadhouse Blues", which of course featured Robbie Krieger on ETL.

John