(from Shari again) New BOC fan/Hawkwind Q's

Fri Mar 21 08:11:39 EST 1997

> >Maybe Carl's idea of a compilation tape makes the most sense.
>
> ok,
> which incarnation of which hw tracks should fill a C-90 tape for a
> "The Hawkwind Abduction of the Common BOC Fan"
>
> WoteOT         - Assault and Battery/Golden Void
> Levitation     - Levitation, Who's Gonna Win the War
> QS&C           - Spirit of the Age
> Electric Tepee - LSD
> etc, etc...

    It's difficult to say.  I used to use a two C-90s (or maybe C-100s) of
compiled Hawkwind to entrap newbies (They were named _A Brief History of
Time_ ;) ;)

    I used the "Assault&Battery/Golden Void" from _Palace Springs_.
Definitely, "Psych Warlords" from _HotMG_.  "LSD" and "Mask of Morning"
from _ET_.  "Hassan I Sabha", "QS&C", "Spirit of the Age", "Damnation
Alley" from the appropriate Calvert-era albums.  "Levitation", "Shot Down
in the Night" ... "War I Survived", "Song of the Swords", "Needle Gun",
"Dreaming City".  I think the "Magnu" from _LC_.  I think the Brock-sung
"Motorhead".  "Born to Go" from _SR_.  "Master of the Universe", a
difficult choice, but I think from _SR_ also.  "Time we Left" from
_Doremi_, of course ...  "Lord of Light" from somewhere.  "We Took the
Wrong Step Years Ago".  A bunch of others.

    _Alien 4_ and _LiS_ weren't out then, of course, but I think both
"Alien I Am" and "Sputnik Stan" are must haves.  Possibly "Vega", actually,
which is a nice example of ambienty HW.

Cheers,
Carl