(from Shari again) New BOC fan/Hawkwind Q's

WAKE ME WHEN IT'S 80 DEGREES halligbt at BIGVAX.ALFRED.EDU
Fri Mar 21 12:53:17 EST 1997

Daniel said:

>>WoteOT         - Assault and Battery/Golden Void
>>Levitation     - Levitation, Who's Gonna Win the War

>WHAT!?! Johan för sjutton gubbar! :-) Guys, you have to explain this to me
>why should a Oyster like Levitation at all? This album is one of very few that I
>don't play LOUD on my stereo 'cause I would feel extremely embarrassed if my
>neighours could hear that I listen to so silly music.

Besides the inflection of the last "Levitatioooonnn!" and the chorus to "Who's
Gonna Win the War", I find Levitation to be one of the best HW albums for
musicianship, and production.  As a BOC fan it was the easiest for me to relate
to, along with HotMG.  To me QS&C is far more embarrassing to play in front
of others.  I think the album is great, but to me it is an acquired taste,
especially "Spirit of the Age" and "Days of the Underground".

>>QS&C           - Spirit of the Age

Again, the lyrics are wonderful, but the music and singing kill this one for me.

>Doremi -Time We Left this World Today

"Lord Of Light" would work as well.  I wish I had this on the remaster!

>Urban Guerilla could fit in too.

I agree!

Brian