HW: Female Input / Questions

Bryan Young blyoung at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Mar 21 20:31:13 EST 1997

I was going to quote but I messed up so I will just wing it.

Max Wilcox:  I seem to recall in my reading of the book _This is
Hawkwind, Do Not Panic_ (by Kris Tait), that Stacia was told if she
wanted to dance on stage, she would have to do so naked.  The
insinuation is that Dave Brock was joking and Stacia went ahead and
did it, so he let her continue.  That sounds like her decision, and
so it can't really be construed as an example of sexism on the band's
part.  The music doesn't make me want to dance naked, but if Stacia
got into it, then I guess that's okay for her.

Max, can I use some sarcasm here?  I am against anything degrading
to women, too, so don't take this wrong, I am just trying to have some
levity.  When you were saying about the lack of "female input", what
really were you lamenting?  (Was that a Freudian slip?)

BURNING QUESTION  (I would have called it a burning issue, but I wanted
to avoid the Freudian slip.)
-------> Max asked about the band Underground Zero.  I want to know,
too!
Who are they, when were they around, and what is their connection?  I
have them on my _Best of FnR_ CD but it has no liner notes!

When somebody enlightens us about Underground Zero, another band on the
same compilation is Stravinsky's Shoe.  Who/what/when are they?

STUPID QUESTIONS:  Okay, I had to do this, but it's going to hurt me
a lot more than it will hurt you...
    1)  How do you pronounce the name "Huw"?  I am from Canada and have
never heard such a name spoken.  I assume it is alike to "Hugh".
(And why is it Huw Lloyd on the first CD's notes?  If he were female I
would assume he got married and hyphenated his name instead of changing
it completely.)
    2)  I know what it signifies, but what is the literal word-for-word
phrasing associated with "ObCD"?

FYI, ObCD: Thin Lizzy/Vagabonds of the Western World

Thanks for your time.  I won't sound like such a newbie next time.
(Yeah, Right!)

Bryan Young