(from Shari again) New BOC fan/Hawkwind Q's

Fri Mar 21 22:23:54 EST 1997

> And
> back in the early '70s, we were still into hippy shit like "Hair", and
> the on-stage nudity, by Stacia in particular, was more in a spirit of
> sexual liberation that sexual titillation.  I don't know if the band
> ever played in the nude, as they threatened once, but it would have been
> more than just breasts jiggling if they did...

     I'm sure I saw a reproduction of a press clipping in a HW book
somewhere which solemnly assured us that they did perform naked ....?

     Still nothing wrong naked people--everyone is, under their clothes :)
And what the hell, nothing wrong with sexual liberation or even titilation.

     According to the anthropological literature I've read (and this is the
sort of thing you run across when doing a folklore degree!) men are far
more interested in seeing naked women than women are interested in seeing
naked men.  So there's a lot more money to be had from naked women.
Thus their proliferation.  I'm sure if women were willing to shell out cash
for naked men in their media and advertising, there'd be more of 'em.
     Women apparently have higher standards in entertainment :) ;)

> Anyway, joking aside, you might as well complain about the lack of Black
> members of Hawkwind ever.  Although they've had at least one gay member.

    What about alien life-forms?  Let's not discriminate against them :)
Of course, _some_ HW personnel may well be/have been/will be alien
life-forms ... :)

no doubt shocking un-PC,
Carl

Carl Edlund Anderson                           "So that's Terra.  Oohwee,
cea20 at cus.cam.ac.uk                             look out wenchlings, here
http://wjh-www.harvard.edu/~canders/hem.html    come the Hawklords."
Dept. of ASNAC, University of Cambridge            -Lord Lemmy (Hawkwind)