(from Shari again) New BOC fan/Hawkwind Q's

Andrew A. Apold mordru at MAGG.NET
Sat Mar 22 19:06:53 EST 1997

>It's unfair, IMO, to single Hawkwind out for sexism.  How many hard rock/heavy
>metal bands  - except for "girl groups" - have ever had female members?  Why
>is Sean Yseult one of only two women to have performed on stage at Donington
>ever?  (No, I can't remember who was the other!)  Have you ever seen a
>Whitesnake video?!?
>
>For a long time, the dancers have generally been as decently clad as any
>dancers, and there's often been equal numbers of male and female dancers.  And
>back in the early '70s, we were still into hippy shit like "Hair", and the
>on-stage nudity, by Stacia in particular, was more in a spirit of sexual
>liberation that sexual titillation.  I don't know if the band ever played in
>the nude, as they threatened once, but it would have been more than just
>breasts jiggling if they did...

To be fair, BOC has played at a number of clothings optional resorts, and
I think they got one of their early breaks at some kind of swingers club....

Roger Shrubstaff               "I was corrupt before I had power!" - Random

Baron of Silverwater, Kingdom of the Burning Lands (Amtgard)
http://www.magg.net/~mordru/silver.htm
(Andrew A. Apold)