(from Shari again) New BOC fan/Hawkwind Q's

Ron Jennings sprawl at STARLINX.COM
Sat Mar 22 15:12:14 EST 1997

> >        I've made a comment similar to this a couple of months ago, but I shall
> >reprise it here...
> >        The amount of female input in the realms of Hawkwind is virtually nil
> >(at least as far as the actual band is concerned). Hawkwind had one
> >female vocalist, who sang on about five or so songs that I know of, of
> >which I only have one of (from "Palace Springs" live). The only other
> >feminine facet of the band are the (in my opinion) quite poor taste
> >dancers that "jiggle their breasts" at the audience during concerts.

you mean you don't like kris tait's fire breathing?

and what about michelle and pebs' dancing on the 96 euro tour?
their mode of dress may have attracted the males' eyes, but their breasts
jiggled not. there was another dancer whose breasts did in fact jiggle quite a bit,
but it was done theatrically, that is, she only appeared during assassins of allah,
which represents a culture where breast jiggling was expected of harem women by
their "lords".

and maybe the shortage of women's input has nothing to do with estimations of talent,
but more in the current members' choices of who they have to hang out with.

and also, i understand that bridgett did not appear on the 91 US tour, because
her boyfriend wouldn't let her. maybe it has to do with entanglements that were
encountered on previous attempts.

and (this is a joke) i want to know why there were no men in the go-gos, or the
bangles, or bananarama... or why there were no women in black sabbath. or why there
are no men in devo?

as far as poor taste, it is that, a matter of taste. i don't know about stacia,
but in atlanta ga, 1995, a girl from the opening act volunteered to dance for HW.
dave was happy to have some movement on stage, and accepted. the band was as surprised
as anyone else when she got naked.(especially since it was an all ages show.)
as to the Blacksword vid, im sure the promoters or producers or whoever
had some say in what was done on stage.

i don't think a musical group' sexual make up or preferences, for that matter
is relevant to anything, as far as liking their music goes. you might as well
complain about the lack of melotron sounds in yer favorite bluegrass band.

rj (please, don't react to this as if it were a flame, cos that crap gets old fast)