(from Shari again) New BOC fan/Hawkwind Q's

Andrew Gilham Andy_Gilham at MSN.COM
Mon Mar 24 06:25:09 EST 1997

Max

> What's more the Elric looked extremely silly.

Ah, well you won't get an argument from me there! :)

Actually, I think I mostly agree with you, about rock/metal being very
male-dominated, and this not necessarily being a good thing.  (And about
getting grief from the women in your life about it! :)  It's just that I
wouldn't have classed Hawkwind as being among the worst offenders - Stacia
notwithstanding!  (I think the Stacia phenomenon really has to be looked at in
the context of the times.)

(And in case I didn't make myself clear to anyone, I certainly wasn't accusing
HW of racism - I forgot about Andy Anderson! - just trying to make a point
that if you're going to criticise them for not having women in the group, why
stop there.)

- Andy

ObCD: REM - _New Adventures in Hi-Fi_

Andy Gilham/Andy_Gilham at msn.com/Andy_Gilham at compuserve.com