Theo's fave band again!

Ted Jackson jr. EL84 tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Mon Mar 24 12:10:27 EST 1997

> From:          Cliff & Pam Wheaton <cwheaton at MICRON.NET>

> Shari Hill wrote:
> >

> > I guess I'm not surprised female input on these bands is minimal--like I told
> > Daniel, I've been a big Rush fan for about 10 years, now, and I have yet to
> > meet a female who will admit to liking them.

Guess Gloria Steinem IS right.  Women are smarter than men!

>   I do honestly know some
> > shallow-minded bimbos who won't listen to Rush because "they're old and
> > ugly."  That just burns me up!  It's probably better for all concerned if

They aren't shallow or bimbos--just have good taste...But that
doesn't mean Rush aren't ugly.  I don't think age is a factor, just
that when they hear Geddy's voice, a completely understandable terror
grips them.  I'm all man, and Geddy scares the shit out of me...

> > they stick to their Bon Jovi, though.  I suppose the lack of gooey love songs
> > and the inclusion of actual imagination would shatter their fagile psyches.

Right!  I'd much rather hear songs about species of trees waging war
against each other...

> > I imagine the jigglings of breasts and such do put a damper on certain bands'
> > appeal to female fans.  IMO, it _is_ poor taste, but if I actually make it
> > out to see a concert, I'm not going to let a few bouncing breasts spoil it
> > for me.  Like Pam wrote recently, I've mostly had male friends all my
> > life--there are some things you just learn to ignore or take in stride.  The
> > only thing I regret is that you almost never get to turn the tables on 'em!

Oh!  I thought you were talking about the guys' jiggling breasts.
Have to re-think that one...

 Let the games begin (again)!

theo