Theo's fave band again!

Robert W. Prince RBrent1044 at AOL.COM
Mon Mar 24 15:08:56 EST 1997

Man Theo,
     I almost never post, but when you smack Rush you are definitely going
down the wrong road.  I am a musician and I take my music very seriously.  I
must say that in the 19 years that I've been listening, Alex Geddy and Neil
have done more to shape my world than any band.  Without a doubt some Rush is
better than others, and Geddy's voice is definitely an acquired taste and not
for everyone, but the material (16 studio albums) and musicianship are, as a
whole, so far and away above most EVERYTHING out there, to hear negativity
about them just sends me over the edge.  Sure I need Tyranny and Mutation,
Spectres, Agents of Fortune, and Secret Treaties nearby at all times, but no
less do I need Hemispheres, 2112, Caress of Steel and Signals.  Very few in
rock and roll have ever played the bass like Geddy or drums like Neil.  I
didn't think I would ever have to respond to a post by stating such obvious
information in this forum.  If you don't care for Geddy's voice or Neil's
lyrics in the Trees, at worst you should comment that the music is
abso-freakin-lutely amazing, but not quite your cup of tea.

Robert Prince