HW: Calvert Roberts (Brian Aldiss)

Bryan Young blyoung at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Mar 25 00:12:13 EST 1997

I saw a post that mentioned HG Wells a bit back, so I thought
I'd ask anybody if they had ever noticed this:

Brian W. Aldiss did a re-working/sequel? to the Wells novel
_Island of Dr. Moreau_, but his version (1981, Pocket Timescape)
is entitled _An Island Called Moreau_ and is not all that bad, I
suppose.

Anyways, the protagonist who finds himself on the island is named
Calvert Roberts, and Mr. Roberts discovers the dark mysteries of
the island and eventually tries to escape.

Is this name a coincidence, or do we have a Mr. Aldiss among us as
a fan?

ObCD: FM/Black Noise (a 1977 Canadian Broadcasting Corp. release)

Bryan Young

              <blyoung at hotmail.com>
or           <youngfarms at bigfoot.com>

School's email: <jwhec at sk.sympatico.ca>