OFF: Savatge

Jerry stayer at PI.NET
Tue Mar 25 19:45:03 EST 1997

BREVARD Adrian R. wrote:
> >Hmmm, I've heard them preform one song off Streets (Jesus Saves?), during a
> >concert in Japan.  Sounded great to me.  How does it compare to Dead Winter
> >Dead? Does Zak sing on this one, what about Oliva on guitar?  I love Edge of
> >Thorns and Handful of Rain and am pretty curious about Streets.  Most
> >Savatage fans I know hate it.  Zak would be pretty good on vox for BOC,
> >should Eric decide to hang it up.

Jesus Saves is in the same symphonic metal tradition as the rest of the albums Streets
and Gutter Ballet (especially the song Gutter Ballet). Dead Winter Dead is heavier but
has some songs on the symphonic side. Overall, you might like DWD better than Streets.
Oliva on guitar? Criss Oliva is dead, you didn't know? Jon is doing the keyboards. The
gig I attended, he sung Gutter Ballet (fortunately!).

"Most Savafans" - which albums do they prefer? Maybe it's too symphonic for them?

Jerry