Theo's fave band again!

Shari Hill ShariHill at AOL.COM
Tue Mar 25 16:25:20 EST 1997

>> > I guess I'm not surprised female input on these bands is minimal--like I
told
>> > Daniel, I've been a big Rush fan for about 10 years, now, and I have yet
>> > meet a female who will admit to liking them.
>>
>Guess Gloria Steinem IS right.  Women are smarter than men!

Well, tell the whole damn world, why don't'cha!  Geez, no one can keep a
secret anymore!

>>   I do honestly know some
>> > shallow-minded bimbos who won't listen to Rush because "they're old and
>> > ugly."  That just burns me up!  It's probably better for all concerned
if

>They aren't shallow or bimbos--just have good taste...But that
>doesn't mean Rush aren't ugly.  I don't think age is a factor, just
>that when they hear Geddy's voice, a completely understandable terror
>grips them.  I'm all man, and Geddy scares the shit out of me...

Oooh, I beg to differ.  The shallow-minded bimbos are just that--and I'm just
talking specifically about people I know, here--but this judgement is not
made based solely on their aversion to Rush because Geddy & Neil don't fit in
with their posters of Motley Crue and Bon Jovi.  And about that "completely
understandable terror" that overcomes them . . . I recall a similar look
passing over the faces of many guys I know--sometimes accompanied by a quick
crossing of the legs--when they first heard Geddy's falsetto on the earlier
recordings . . .

>> > they stick to their Bon Jovi, though.  I suppose the lack of gooey love
songs
>> > and the inclusion of actual imagination would shatter their fagile
psyches.

>Right!  I'd much rather hear songs about species of trees waging war
>against each other...

Methinks those in charge of the hatchets, axes, and saws missed one, here.
 ;-)

>> > I imagine the jigglings of breasts and such do put a damper on certain
bands'
>> > appeal to female fans.  IMO, it _is_ poor taste, but if I actually make
it
>> > out to see a concert, I'm not going to let a few bouncing breasts spoil
it
>> > for me.  Like Pam wrote recently, I've mostly had male friends all my
>> > life--there are some things you just learn to ignore or take in stride.
 The
>> > only thing I regret is that you almost never get to turn the tables on
'em!

>Oh!  I thought you were talking about the guys' jiggling breasts.
>Have to re-think that one...

Don't think too hard.  It'll come to you eventually.  Maybe.  Then again . .
.  ;-)

-Shari

[Who skipped the requisite femi-Nazi class at school:  "Gloria who?"]