OFF: Savatge

Wed Mar 26 08:45:30 EST 1997

Speakin' of Savatage - I haven't picked up any of their albums other
than "Dead Winter Dead", but it is excellent.  Read the liner notes and
listen to the words:  I was moved by the story (inspired by the conflict
in the former Yugoslavian region - Bosnia, Serbia, et al), and it has
some cool tunes too.

ObBOC-Related-Tidbit:  Dead Winter Dead has Al Pitrelli on guitar - I got
to see BOC in St. Petersburg Florida in 1995, and Al joined the band
on-stage for their final song, the cover tune "Slow Down" (it smoked!).

John