Sabbath Reunion - Was: Glastonbury Festival

\joe hawkjoe at EKA.ERICSSON.SE
Wed Mar 26 14:58:05 EST 1997

>> I've just heard that Black Sabbath have been confirmed to appear
>>at this years Glastonbury Festival.
>>
>> Cool or what?!!
>
>Errrr, I thought Sabbath had basically, like, taken a sabbatical :-)
>
>So who's in the band these days ?
>
>Tim

actually Ozzy, Geezer and Tony...

see stolen mail from the former BOC-l member "Sabbath Mailing List" :0)
\\joe

Date: 25, Mar 1997
From: Joe Siegler <siegler at black-sabbath.com>
Subject: Music News of the World - OzzFest Features Black Sabbath Reunion

I picked up this little blurb this morning from the following web site:
http://www.addict.com/html/hifi/MNOTW/.  The title of the site is "Music
News of the World".  Here's what they had to say.   Nothing here we did
not already know, but there's one comment about Sabbath playing a set of
Ozzy solo material, or at least that's what it reads like to me.  I don't
think this would ever happen, I can't see Iommi wanting to play "Shot in
the Dark".  :)

"Music News of the World"
Ozzfest Features Black Sabbath Reunion
Marilyn Manson will do some of the dates.

Because the teens just can't get enough of the festival spirit, the
oft-retired and unretired Ozzy Osbourne has packed his second-annual
Ozzfest with a host of heavy names, the heaviest of which, as reported earlier
in ATN, will be a Black Sabbath reunion featuring Osbourne, guitarist Tony
Iommi, bassist Geezer Butler and Mike Bordin of Faith No More on drums.

Joining Ozzy on his summer jaunt, which will hit the road from late May to
late June, will be Marilyn Manson (in selected markets), Pantera, Type O
Negative, Fear Factory, Machinehead, Powerman 5000 and more guests to be named
later.

In case you just can't get enough of Ozzy, the Sabbath set will follow a full
set of Ozzy solo material. Osbourne has also hand-picked young metal bands
like Coal Chamber, downset., Vision Of Disorder, Neurosis, Drain S.T.H. and
Slo Burn to headline a second stage, to be set in a Lollapalooza-like midway
area. This tour follows the one-off Ozzfest date in Los Angeles last year. No
dates or venues have been announced yet.