OFF: Glenn Tipton, you really are jealous

dahl dahl at AROS.NET
Fri Mar 28 00:22:23 EST 1997

First of all, here's how you enjoy the new Queensryche CD, pretend it's not
Queensryche.  I think it's kind of like eating something that you're used
to tasting a certain way, and when the taste doesn't meet your
expectations, you think it sucks, even if it does taste good.

It seems that more people are curious about the NEW Glenn Tipton CD (yes,
Glenn Tipton of Judas Priest).  It seems that some of the guitar greats out
there are sick of dealing with whiny singers and have decided to take over
the vocal chores themselves.  This is exactly what Glenn has done.  I'm not
sure what I expected when I bought this, but Glenn is not screwing around
here.  This is serious heavy music, the kind that most "heavy metal" bands
are afraid to make nowadays.  The singing is pretty damn wild.  He's not
showing any incredible range here, but he gets an "A" for effort.  He kinda
sounds like Cookie Monster after forgetting to take his Ritalin.  His voice
also reminded me a bit of Paul DiAnno, then it really hit me.  He sounds
like a pissed off Neal Schon!  The performances are very impressive.  This
disc has something for everyone.  Of course Glenn really tears it up on the
guitar, but also featured are the killer bass sounds of Billy Sheehan,
Robert Trujillo, and John Entwistle.  The drums are not for the wussy
either and feature some thumping performances by Cozy Powell.

He does a cover of the Stones "Paint it Black" that is pure evil.  This is
no Sunday morning CD.  If Metallica had made this album instead of "Load",
headbanging fans everywhere would think it's the greatest.

They keep threatening to release the new Judas Priest album.  For more info
on it check out the OFFICIAL Judas Priest web page:

http://members.aol.com/judpriest/index.htm

Brad Dahl, still scared

Oh yeah, "Club Ninja" is fantastic the first time you listen to it, and it
just keeps getting better with every listen!

Step into my world of toxic slendor
http://www.moosenet.com/poison.html