Bevis Frond, was:muscle and ade

Thu Mar 27 08:11:11 EST 1997

On tor 27 mar 1997 06.41 "Ron Jennings" <sprawl at STARLINX.COM> wrote:

> > Ummm .... obCD: The Bevis Frond _Son of Walter_
>
> i haven't purchased this yet, for two reasons:
> i can't find a copy,
> and my friend, who turned me on to the frond in the first place, and who
> is most likely the biggest frond fan i have ever met, tells me that it
> isn't that good.

    I personally don't think it _is_ as good, but primarily because he went
back to recording in his bedroom all by himself instead of in the studio
with his live band, etc.   The sound really suffers in comparison.  There
are some good songs on the album but they are killed by the hyper lo-fi
production.  They are *much* better in concert, and come across more
clearly as being the equal of Nick's other recent material.

    I'd recommend _New River Head_ as a good starting place, though the
recent _Superseeder_ is damn good as well.  My first Frond album was _Any
Gas Faster_.

Cheers,
Carl