HW: Psi Power Tab

John Majka flossbac at WCIC.ORG
Thu Mar 27 20:35:58 EST 1997

OK kids, here's my tab for Psi Power as heard on "Stonehenge:  This is
Hawkwind, Do Not Panic".  This is very difficult to do without being able to
write out the notes.  I'm not sure how to notate time values.... I guess I
can't, without notes.  Anyway, here we go.

I'm going to notate things by listing the string number, a comma, and the
fret number, so for example (2,5) means play the second string at the fifth
fret.  If I've stacked several of these things together, it's a chord, for
example A major is (1,0)
   (2,2)
   (3,2)
   (4,2)
   (5,0)

I'll put the name of the chord over the tab as well.  Use your ears for the
rhythm, since I can't figure out any means of notating it without the use of
ordinary notes, so I guess this will just be a rough idea.  OK...

/E      /D        /C        /C
 (3,9)   (3,7)     (3,5)     (3,5)
 (4,9)   (4,7)     (4,5)     (4,5)
 (5,7)   (5,5)     (5,3)     (5,3)

do the above twice as the intro (again, listen to the record for the rhythm)
and then repeat as the main body of the song, except that on the second
measure of the C, do this instead:

(4,5)                      (4,5)
(5,3)  (5,3)  (5,2) (5,3)         (5,3)  (5,2) (5,3)

And then the chorus part goes....

/G      /C     /G  /C   /G   /C  /Dsus4    D      /Dsus4  D  /Dsus4  D
(1,3)    (1,0)                    (1,3)    (1,2)
(2,3)    (2,1)                    (2,3)    (2,3)
(3,0)    (3,0)                    (3,2)    (3,2)
(4,0)    (4,2)                    (4,0)    (4,0)
-----    (5,3)
(6,3)    -----

And then...

/E    /E    /A       /A    /C      /C
(1,0)        (1,0)          (1,0)
(2,0)        (2,2)          (2,1)
(3,1)        (3,2)          (3,0)
(4,2)        (4,2)          (4,2)
(5,2)        (5,0)          (5,3)
(6,0)

and then back to the verse part for the rhythm guitar while Huw plays a
lead.  Listen to the song for order of parts etc.  I don't recall myself
offhand, as I haven't played the song in a long time.

then there's a modulation part that goes...
/A#     /C
(3,3)    (3,5)
(4,3)    (4,5)
(5,1)    (5,3)

all the lead stuff is basically in E minor/G major if that's any help.  If
I'm feeling ambitious sometime soon, I'll transcribe the leads also, but for
now I have to go study my calculus for tomorrow...

John Majka
Flossbac at wcic.org