Hawklords books

J Strobridge eset08 at TATTOO.ED.AC.UK
Mon Mar 31 10:16:23 EST 1997

Steven Defoe writes:

> Dear Hawk-types,
>
> This has probably been covered (and covered) before, though I haven't seen it
> mentioned in the 6 months that I've been lurking here, so
>
> Has anybody seen (more important, know where to find) a series of paperbook
> novels by Moorcock featuring the Hawklord's characters?  Done in the early
> 70's I believe.  I've got one dog-eared volume I found at a tag sale and it's
> QUITE GOOD, but it definitely leaves one HUNGERING FOR MORE.
>
> Curious Steven Defoe

If you've got a good 2nd hand SciFi paperback shop then look out for
Michael Butterworth's name.   He's the guy who wrote the books.  The
first one is based on an idea by Moorcock, the 2nd one Queens of Deleria
is entirely by Butterworth and makes for fairly dire reading.  However
it's rarely found even in paperback so if you see it then definitely
buy it for your collection and it's worth getting the hard back version
in the Griffin package for exactly the same reason

jill
J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at tattoo.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk