HW Et Al, blah blah

Dane Carlson dcarlson at ONECOLOR.COM
Thu May 1 10:40:19 EDT 1997

What's good is to see Doug Smith pulling everyone back into the HW (EBS) Umbrella. So Nik is no longer on Cleopatra? is this true? He seemed to fit quite well there.  If true, I think it's pretty cool. EBS is getting the rights back to whatever they can, so the current and former members of HW can reap some reward. And with everyone getting royalties regularily, things go much smoother. Old wounds heal when cash is involved. I am sure Nik would sell better linked to the HW name (in San Francisco he played twice, and he sold far better when it was billed as Space Ritual/Hawkwind than when it was Nik Turner.) So I think part of what EBS has done/will do is maybe ease some financial strains on these guys. Whether Nik truely intended to use the name Hawkwind or if that happened later, by venues and promoters I don't know. I just think things will be better for all members now that they are all on EBS.
    Simon House left hypnotic for EBS, Davey is part of EBS so he stays in the family. It seems Harvey is now on EBS. And what about Huw, is he being "called home" to EBS?
    We should get stickers to put on Onward Flies the Bird when no one is looking, "DON'T BUY THIS CRAP, ARTISTS NOT COMPENSATED." or something like that.

Dane (in for a penny...)
ObCD:  No Boundary Condition - Dweller at the Threshold