OFF: Monster Raving Looney Party

Ted Jackson jr. EL84 tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Fri May 2 09:54:13 EDT 1997

>> From:          Bolts of Ungodly vision <scruto19 at POTSDAM.EDU>

> >Browsing through Teletext last night - here are a few other parties that
> >were available for election :
> >
> >Monster Raving Loony Party
> A long while ago my uncle told me that this party was set up by Screaming
> Lord Sutch.  I know he's worked with Page,Beck Blackmore as well I think.
> Im curious as to why you can't find any of his CDs in the states.
>
> Still off topic, but at least its muscially inclined.
>
> Jason

Lord Sutch was pretty much a gimmick, and he didn't go over all that
well back in the Cretaceus period either!  I think he was pretty well
wired up with the music scene.  I believe he was either royalty
[hence the 'Lord' title] or inherited a bunch of dough.  Anyway, he
was able to get the above heavy hitters to play on his record because
of his connections.  Despite the presence of some great players, the
record basically sucked 'cause there wasn't any substantive material
for them to work with.  I think he only made one record: 'The
Screaming Lord Sutch [and his heavy friends].' You see it in used
vinyl shops every now and again.  Beck/Page completists will want it,
others will likely pass...
theo