Summerdaze Delayed.

Ted Jackson jr. EL84 tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Fri May 2 11:12:18 EDT 1997

> From:          John A Swartz <jswartz at MBUNIX.MITRE.ORG>

> theo asks:
>
> >Has anyone heard what tracks will be on it from BOC?
>
> Word is that it will have 2 live tracks, Reaper and Godzilla, taken from
> some show in 1992 (Moscow Idaho is the likely source - supposedly a very
> good soundboard recording of this show exists); plus a studio version of
> "The Power Underneath Despair".  Prior to Eric reporting this info, Buck
> presumably had mentioned another track (either "Live for Me" or "In the
> Cold Grey Light of Dawn" - sorry, memory fails me at the moment), but
> latest word was "Power.."
>
> I originally was dissapointed at hearing that Reaper and Godzilla would
> make yet another appearance on CD, but then again for this project, it
> only makes sense to have the artists' greatest hits on it.  Can't imagine
> the CD without Foghat's "Slow Ride" and Steppenwolf's "Born to be Wild",
> and probably Pat Travers' "Boom Boom Out Go the Lights", so why shouldn't
> I expect "The Reaper" and "Godzilla" from BOC?
>
> John

I'll welcome ANY new output from BOC at this stage.  Who would have
been the rhythm section at that time?  Does this mean 'Power' was
bumped off the new record?  Tough to decide what to put on there off
EW.  Do you sacrifice a killer song like 'Harvest Moon,' and lose its
impact for the new BOC record, or include it to show the Summer DAze
crowd how great BOC still rocks?  Doesn't make sense to include a
weak tune or you might convey that BOC is over the hill.  But then,
when in the last several years have BOC management decisions made
sense...
theo