HW : London Gig In June!!!

J Strobridge eset08 at TATTOO.ED.AC.UK
Sun May 4 21:26:33 EDT 1997

Jon Jarrett writes:

> On Sat, 3 May 1997, Ron Jennings wrote:
>
> > >         God damn it! That would be the perfect way to celebrate the end
> > of
> > > my Finals - if PT weren't playing in Cambridge the same day... does
> > anyone
> > > have a schedule for the Strawberry Fayre, or know where I could get one?
> > > The two on one day in two different towns... it's a million-to-one
> > chance,
> > > exactly a million-to-one chance...
> > >                                    Jazza
> > >

> > damn, jon, is there really a choice?
> > i am considering booking a flight over for that weekend.
> > and i'm broke as hell!
> > rj
>
>         Don't get me wrong here; I may be wearing my `Signify' t-shirt
> right at this moment, but if it comes to one or the other then to London
> will I go. I just wanna see them both! And there's an airshow back in
> Cambridge the day after, too... I won't be able to hear _anything_ on
> Monday! Yours,
>                 Jon

ok - I've found the announcement and it shows the two-headed bird symbol
with HAWKWIND displayed in white across the middle and under that in
black print is BENEFIT IN AID OF THE HOMELESS.   This is followed by
SPECIAL GUEST HUW LLOYD-LANGTON and then "on support: Captain Rizz"

Now can anyone confirm please that this definitely means Hawkwind *are*
playing or is it just that the Hawkwind logo is being used as an overall
title and the announcement in effect really reads "HAWKWIND BENEFIT IN
AID OF THE HOMELESS"  i.e. organised by Hawkwind contacts but not
necessarily including the band.     Venue is Black Heath Concert Halls.
Box Office no.  0181 463 0100.   Address 22 Lee Road, London, SE3 9RQ

If the band *are* playing then I'm headed south!   If they're not then a
Saturday in Cambridge is a tempting thought....

Could someone please confirm time and venue for Porcupine Tree in
Cambridge?

Thanx

jill
J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at tattoo.ed.ac.uk