BOC: Godzilla

Ted Jackson jr. EL84 tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Wed May 7 08:09:04 EDT 1997

> From:          "Alex S. Garcia" <asg at IMAGINET.FR>

> >I'll tell ya
> >right now, that if BOC's song isn't in the flick, I'll refuse to see
> >it no matter how good it is...
> >theo
>
> Isn't that a bit extremist of you, Theo ? I think you're overreacting. :-o
>         The guys who are involved in this remake may never even have heard
> of BOC... and even if they have, it could be they don't actually like the
> song, or whatever. Of course, I'd like it to be in there too, but I'm not
> gonna refuse seeing the movie just because "Godzilla" isn't in it... let's
> be reasonable about this ;-)
>

> Alex S. Garcia.

Well, really, extreme for me would have been an outpouring of
profane, inflammatory, Religion and Rush-bashing!  Seriously, I'm not
a huge fan of the original run of Godzilla flicks, though I loved the
first one.  Not so sure I'd see it even if BOC's song DID appear in
it!  I take that back.  If the BOC song appears, I'll go.  And I'd
think that SOMEBODY involved in the production must have heard of
BOC.  I wasn't suggesting that BOC do the soundtrack [though that
would be my highest spiritual plane] but maybe let Godzilla play
during the end credits or something, or maybe have it blast out of a
car radio before it gets crushed, or, well, you get the idea...
theo