HW: Keith Hale ( was RE: HW: No news for some time)

Andrew Gilham Andy_Gilham at MSN.COM
Wed May 7 11:22:30 EDT 1997

>Cripes! I always thought that was Dave (singing in a smooth Zarozinia
>style)! Oh well... next question: when was this recorded? I don`t know
>when Keith was in the group but made a rough guess having listened to
>the drumming that it might have been Ginger Baker so that dates it to
>79/80 ish. Here's hoping I haven`t made another goofy assumption about
>this song...

Yep, it was the Levitation tour, but after Tim Blake had been told to _foutre
le camp_ and Keith Hale (no "y") was drafted in as a replacement.  He got to
do one of his own songs - how many bands would be so accommodating to a "hired
hand"? - even though it was a bit out of place in a Hawkwind set.  (But then
so was the drum solo that tour :)

He also wrote Toyah (Mrs Fripp)'s _It's a Mystery_, if memory serves.

- Andy

Andy Gilham/Andy_Gilham at msn.com/Andy_Gilham at compuserve.com
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Andy_Gilham