OFF: Standing vs. Sitting

QUEST dcapehar at UTDALLAS.EDU
Wed May 7 13:36:35 EDT 1997

On Wed, 7 May 1997, Dane Carlson wrote:
> Where the hell am I going with all this, any opinions, Stand or sit?

I'm definitely a sit-man.  Why?  Because I like to SEE the show...
occasionally SEE the musicians.

Anytime I've ever been to a stand-show (mostly clubs downtown), about 65%
of my field of vision is the backs of people's heads, and -maybe- I get to
see about 40-50% of the light show.

The ORB show I went to two weeks ago would have been awesome if
1) the place had air-conditioning,
2) I could see the stage,
3) they didn't try to cram 1500 people into 1600 square feet
   (~145 sq.meters?).

My $20 ticket (plus $5 ticketbastard charge) was worth about $5 at that
concert simply because of the surroundings.  It could have been worth so
much more.

Besides, seating gives equal-opportunity viewing for short people.

Damon