HW: Keith Hale ( was RE: HW: No news for some time)

Martyn Lawrence martynl at FUJITSU.COM.AU
Thu May 8 13:32:45 EDT 1997

> >Cripes! I always thought that was Dave (singing in a smooth Zarozinia
> >style)! Oh well... next question: when was this recorded? I don`t know
> >when Keith was in the group but made a rough guess having listened to
> >the drumming that it might have been Ginger Baker so that dates it to
> >79/80 ish. Here's hoping I haven`t made another goofy assumption about
> >this song...
It was definately keith singing.

> Yep, it was the Levitation tour, but after Tim Blake had been told to _foutre
> le camp_ and Keith Hale (no "y") was drafted in as a replacement.  He got to
> do one of his own songs - how many bands would be so accommodating to a "hired
> hand"? - even though it was a bit out of place in a Hawkwind set.  (But then
> so was the drum solo that tour :)

He used to play in a band called Blood Donor and sent dave a tape.
I was not too amused upon the cutain opening and not seeing Tim Blakes huge
setup ,only to see the piddily couple of keyboards,so I knew something was amiss.The next day in sounds the was a hawkwind feature which had stop press -Blake
out,new synth plyer in.

He played dangerous visions on the winter tour,and he also left with ginger
to become one of Ginger Bakers nutters,and what a bunch of tossers they were.
I saw them at Glastonbury and they were crap,but the hawkwind four piece
of brock,bainbridge,langton and griffin played the next night and were really
good.

regards

Marty