BOC: Godzilla

Shari Hill ShariHill at AOL.COM
Thu May 8 13:08:38 EDT 1997

>>I was referring to a major studio update of Godzilla that's already
>>in the works.  It's supposed to be a huge production.
>
>Yeah. I think it's Roland Emmerich who's directing this (the guy who made
>Stargate and ID4).
>
>>I'll tell ya
>>right now, that if BOC's song isn't in the flick, I'll refuse to see
>>it no matter how good it is...
>>theo
>
>Isn't that a bit extremist of you, Theo ? I think you're overreacting. :-o
>        The guys who are involved in this remake may never even have heard
>of BOC... and even if they have, it could be they don't actually like the
>song, or whatever. Of course, I'd like it to be in there too, but I'm not
>gonna refuse seeing the movie just because "Godzilla" isn't in it... let's
>be reasonable about this ;-)

Well, I'm a big fan of both movies, (particularly the Stargate & its
soundtrack!), and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the same team
reworks BOC's Godzilla into an instrumental version, or at the very least
plays the original during the credits or tucks it away somewhere in the movie
as an inconspicuous song on the radio.  You know, similar to Reaper's
appearance in all the Stephen King movies.

Shari