NK The Moor

William Stone stone1 at IX.NETCOM.COM
Thu May 8 19:17:16 EDT 1997

>Anyone know anything about this band? What Nik is up to?
>
>Dane

  The Moor is a Swedish band featuring a very talented keyboardist
named Kenneth Magnusson. Nik adds some very nice (?!) sax and flute
bits on the cd Flux. Don't expect the usual from Nik here- he's very
much a sideman. The music is an odd mix of 1 part modern, 2 parts
prog/space.  Definitely not for everyone, but a good listen for those
with the proverbial "open mind".

  Their earlier work "Every Pixie Tells a Story" is similar but with a
less modern sound.  Then there is Magnusson's offshoot project Simon
Says, which is excellent keyboard driven prog rock, with the accent on
rock. Great stuff, if a bit more retro.

  If I were of a self-promotional mindset, I might even mention that I
carry all of the above at www.geocities.com/Paris/2190...:)

Wylie