Lurkers and Ozzy

BREVARD Adrian R. abrevard at SHL.COM
Fri May 9 09:22:08 EDT 1997

>wow. unreal where are all these people, of couse I have BOC turned off,
what's it like over there? I have seen only 20 or so on this side.
Imagine the toughts as people read this drivel. Does anything useful
come from this group? I know my life has been enriched by this group :)

>Dane

You mean you only recieve the HW and Off topic stuff?  Man you're
missing half the fun Dane.

>we could help nudge them in the direction of BOC with some
friendly email & snail mail suggestions?

>Shari (again)

Sounds like a great idea.  Got an address, if so let the bombardment
begin.  BTW I loved Stargate also.  5th Element anyone?

Andrew>A new directory
I did the last one.  Its a not easy.  In all we ended up with about 100,
separated by affiliation BOC/HW.  Will be difficult keeping up with the
address changes, subs and unsubs.

>... manager character assassination.

I know some HIGHLY QUALIFIED people for this job.  Won't name names as I
fear their wrath (yeah right). 8>)

>...  song poll...

Torgo did a great job on a BOC poll about two years ago.  Don't think
anything like that has ever been done on the HW side though.

 >tape tree...

Whats that?

>howabout a tape that someone starts (like Theo) with a base
rendition on some instrument of an appropriate tune and gets mailed
around the list with each person mixing in some effect to go with it.

If you start with a bass start with John Swartz.  One day we'll see him
on MTV.  8>)

Keith>The ad says Ozzy Osbourne, and then Black Sabbath, followed by a
load of garbage that I couldn't care less about.

Dan>What do you meen with garbage??? Haven't you ever heard Kyuss?

Uh I don't want to fan the flame and start an argument on the quality of
music but the Oz fest is a bit more attractive than Summer Daze.  Ya get
Ozzy, original Sabbath, Marilyn Manson, some other bands and a second
stage with up and comming artist.  I didn't see any alterna-grunge acts
on the list.   They seem to be the new breed of heavy metal acts.  Oz
fest is probably a better buy and will most assuredly leave the Summer
Daze in its wake.  But you won't catch me there, I'm doing Tina Turner
(for the wife) Queensryche and maybe the Moody Blues.  All of this
changes if King's X tours, though thats unlikely.

Whew thats a long one.  BTW I get a reciept from the listserve with
every post.  When I sent the "211" the reciept came back and said
"uh-uh, 214".  Maybe the words out that BOC-L is good family
entertainment.

L8er
lil' ab
"Galactic Cowboys never age!"

GC fans, what do you think Hot Rails To Hell would sound like with Monty
doing the Joe Bouchard thing?  AWESOME!