HW: Dark sun.

Henrik Hallgren henrik.hallgren at SUNDSVALL.MAIL.TELIA.COM
Fri May 9 11:40:12 EDT 1997

Greetings!

At last, the finnish hawk has landed - DARK SUN with their debut-cd FEED
YOU MIND. I got it today and have already heard it four times.
This must be one of the best records done in eons in the
prog/space-genre. It contains eight tracks: Tiny the man, Feed your
mind, Black spires, Our man inside, astral magic, Phantasica, Abduction
files, The next stop. This is heavy prog/space, sometimes it remainds me
of HW around the late 70´s and the early 80`s (Levitation, Live 79).
They are HW-fans but without sounding like HW-clones, about the same
approach we can see and hear from darXtar.
I know that there are more great bands in this field, such as Spacehead,
starfire (excellent debut-cd with outstanding version of "out of the
shadows"/co-written by  one of the members) and darXtar. But if you
don´t want to much space but instead melodic or heavy space/prog darXtar
and Dark sun are the obvious choise.

The adress to the record-company is:
Ville Maila, Metamorphos, Rantamaki 2 B 6, 02230 ESPOO, Finland.
Fax: 358 9 8558212.

Let me know what you think

Hawkswede

"A new age is beginning. The horizons of space are coming closer,
new alliances are being formed. At long last, we are reaching outward
from cradle earth to our future in the stars."

Henrik Hallgren, Stapelvägen 5, 856 34 Sundsvall, Sweden

Email: henrik.hallgren at sundsvall.mail.telia.com  /
henrik.hallgren at ortv.sca.se

Phone/fax: 46-60-173716