HW: 1 of 211

Alan Troup ALAN_TROUP at NOVELL.COM
Fri May 9 17:02:19 EDT 1997

Hello,

I'm one of the recently-mentioned 211 people on this list, and I have not
posted before.
You all are probably familiar with Hawkwind and BOC in intimate detail - I'm
not,
but I'm learning a lot from reading your mail!  I have a lot of great BOC
material
(all standard) and a lot of great Hawkwind material.  My question concerns
the
Hawkwind material I have now, and the CDs I plan to purchase.

I go to the stores, and I can't figure out which CDs are "original" and
which ones are
released compilations of songs I already have.  I never minded that *too*
much,
because I figured hey, I love the music, and Hawkwind gets the money anyway.
 How
naive of me, it seems.  I just read this (part of a letter) on
www.hawkwind.com:

>Over the next week or two we are going to list the records that are
>honest releases. All others not mentioned, the band's old and new
>members are currently taking to task. Hopefully with your help we
>can nail these greedy bastards to the wall once and for all.

I can't believe Hawkwind does not get the money from 99% of the
albums that are out there.  Has this list been posted yet?  Can anyone
provide me with a list of the "honest releases?"   I feel pretty stupid,
and you're all probably saying "yep!"  :-)   But any help would be
appreciated.

Thanks,

Alan