HW- 1 of 211 -Reply

Alan Troup ALAN_TROUP at NOVELL.COM
Sat May 10 06:37:32 EDT 1997

Hi!

>Nicely put, Dane:) I, as mentioned before am fairly new to
>HW as well.

*Just* to clarify a leetle point that I may have miscommunicated.
I'm not new to Hawkwind - I've been collecting their
records since around 1974; most of my stuff is vinyl.
I had such difficulty finding anything by them for many
years (before CDs came out) and I sortof gave up,
thinking they had broken up, and having no way of
knowing or learning anything about them (or maybe it
was that I just wasn't very resourceful!)

I was blown away a few years back when I looked at
CDs and found *millions* of titles - I was completely
overwhelmed, and started collecting again (either
replacing albums or buying new collections if it
looked like I didn't have most of the songs).

I try to "push" Hawkwind on everyone I meet who is into
music, and one guy who liked what he heard told me the
were coming in concert (this was several years back)
to a San Jose, CA night club.  I went, and it was the
best show I've ever been to.  It was also affirmation that
the band was still alive and well (BTW, a band called
"Galactic Zoo" opened for them - very Hawkwind-like -
anyone ever hear of them?).

So really, I'm not new to Hawkwind - I'm just not as well
informed (or as well-stocked with material!) as many of
you seem to be.  Sorry if I misconveyed.

Seeya!

Alan