out&intake

Ron Jennings sprawl at STARLINX.COM
Sun May 11 01:08:19 EDT 1997

> >Out and intake is strictly hawkwind. It is a legitimate and recommended
album
> >that was recorded as such. the 'common' tracks found here are as far as
i can
> >tell, different versions than those found on the various comps.
>
> So were all the tracks recorded in 1987? Because Nick turner had left the
band
> by then. If it was earilyer when was ghost dance recorded?

i only know that the liner notes (short as they are) say that the album was
recorded at a certain place and time (which i looked up last post, forget
now, and don't feel like looking up right now.)

> And does any one know anything about the version which appeared on the
> anthgology collection. Where it was from? Surly if there is odd bits of
hawk
> live tracks issued by these not paying compnaies there must be more from
> master tapes. Perphaps hawkwind should clean some of these up and issue
the
> songs themselevs because some of these are actualy quite good. Eg. Ghost
> Dance (anolgythy), masters of the universe (one on text of festivals).

im prbably wrong, but the ghost dance from the samurai anthology sounds (to
memory) like the same version that appeared on the NotH video.
i agree, hawkwind should stomp the comps and release only the best stuff,
cleaned up as you say.
but then we would have comp-comps and the completists would go bonkers.

as for all these versions, maybe bernhard, jill, or mike will be able to
clarify. they seem to know an
awful lot about this stuff.
rj