HW: Coleridge on the Enterprise

Andrew Gilham Andy.Gilham at BTINTERNET.COM
Tue May 13 13:56:39 EDT 1997

>>This poem was perfomed by ALAN ASHLEY in Brixton, Academy on 05.03.1989
>>He played only 3 gigs with HAWKWIND and did the following poems
>>- Astronauts (London T&CC, 15.December 1988)
>>- The Welcomming Hands Of Space (London T&CC, 15.December 1988)
>>- The Welcomming Hands Of Space (Brixton Academy, 05.March.1989)
>>- Coleridge On The Enterprise (Brixton Academy, 05.March.1989)
>>- Rambo In Space (London Hammy Odeon, 07.December.1989)
>
>So....
>
>Are any of these tracks worth hearing?

As it happens, I went to all three of those gigs - the T&C was good, and the Brixton gig was outstanding, but Hammersmith was really crap for some reason... but that's Hawkwind for you!  Anyway, "Welcoming hands..." is the only one of the poems that sticks in the memory at all; they made reasonably atmospheric breaks, and did their job of winding the audience up for the next song. I think they worked well enough in context, but they wouldn't stand on their own.

- Andy

*** new e-mail address: mailto:Andy.Gilham at btinternet.com  ***
*** new web address: http://www.btinternet.com/~andy.gilham ***