HW: Top Ten!

Paul Mather paul at CSGRAD.CS.VT.EDU
Tue May 13 14:30:37 EDT 1997

Keith Henderson wrote:

> Best cover tune:  Gimme Shelter (since I haven't heard Cymbaline)

I've heard both, and, for my money, "Cymbaline" beats "Gimme Shelter"
hands down.  Oddly enough, I haven't heard the original to "Cymbaline," so
I can't say how Hawkwind's cover compares to it.  As a song in itself, I
really like it.  In fact, it's possibly my favourite off the remastered
_Hawkwind_ CD.

Discounting "Cymbaline," I think I would've chosen "Bring It On Home"
above "Gimme Shelter," though.  I cringe quite a bit when "Gimme
Shelter's" playing.  But that's just me... :-)

Cheers,

Paul.

obCD: Can, _Soundtracks_

e-mail: paul at csgrad.cs.vt.edu                    A stranger in a strange land.